
Wow! Someone just posted on the twopeas scrap site a challenge question. What are your hopes and dreams ( and it must not include wishes for family, friends, or your children )?
Now that one is hard because so much of who I am is wrapped up in my family, friends and church. They are my daily life and most of what I do and think is based on how it may benefit them. So , to think of only myself is very hard. But I will try.
First and foremost I wish for a stronger relationship with God ( because I can accomplish nothing without him ). I wish for health and happiness and for time to explore and understand who I am . If you think about it, my entire adult life has been spent being a mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend, etc. I have not had a lot of time to explore the real me....because it has been defined by who I am. In a few weeks I will be forty two years old. I'm starting to come into my own person ( I have always been a late bloomer ). I am developing an attitude about what I will take and what I won't put up with. I know what I like and I am staring to ask for those things ( and I don't mean materialistic ). I have had people judge me...because I was a SAHM, because I am a minister's wife, and because I am ....ME. It has taken me a long time to get comfortable in my skin. I like scrapbooking and Disney ( you don't have to like it or understand why I do ). I like Bass loafers( sometimes I even wear them without socks ) and shoes with tassels on them . If that's too preppy for you...well that's your problem not mine. I like to walk at the beach ( not get in the water mind you, just look and listen ). I don't have a college degree ( but I am proud of the fact that my husband and children are getting theirs ), and I am ok with that. I have gotten my education in so many other forms--life lessons, travel, getting to know other people from different backgrounds. I love dressing up in matchy matchy clothing ( my instructors at Barbizon School of Fashion merchandising never told me it was a problem ). I like to watch beauty pageants ( was in one when I was younger and was even first runner up ). I like to dance, love my Christian music and will always crave nutty buddies. My favorite food is Italian ( not seafood or soulfood ). My favorite color is blue and I am proud to wear pink. I love being a girly girl and I am not ashamed to admit that I love old black and white musicals. I want my daughters to learn that being different is ok...but in order for that to happen, I must first admit it to myself. So my biggest wish for ....."ME" is to just be ......."ME". As far as dreams are concerned, I dream of one day owning my own business ( one that works ). Traveling to all 50 states. Visiting all of the Disney parks, and living to a ripe old age of 90 still standing tall with my best Sunday outfit on listening to family and friends singing Happy Birthday to ...ME.
1 comment:
cyndi...YOU are awesome!
tasseled shoes and all!
Post a Comment