


We hit the pavement in search of the Ioloni Castle, the king’s statue, and the Mission Houses and the Kawaiahuo Church. It took a while but eventually we found them all with the exception of the Dukes statue. We did get lost on our way back to the parking lot, and as we continued on the rain started to come down. Perfectly fitting since this was technically our last day (it rained the day we arrived). If I didn’t know better I would have thought that the island was crying because we were leaving (smile). We did stop at a Jack in the Box to get lunch (I hadn’t eaten all day and I was starting to get a headache, plus I had not packed a hat and today despite the rain seemed very hot indeed). Hot, tired and a still a little wet we finally made it back to the car. We decided to check out the swap meet one last time (it would not be open on Sunday due to the Pro Bowl). We ended up buying an additional piece of luggage and a small carry on bag for me to use as a purse in place of my big bag. I really wanted to see the Duke statue before I left so we headed downtown for the second time that day in search of the infamous statue. I began to tag it “Where in the World is the Duke”? We parked across from a army war museum that unfortunately had just closed, briefly walked along the beach near all of the big name hotels. You could tell there was a big event on the island that weekend because the streets and hotels were packed and more people seemed to be poring in.
No comments:
Post a Comment