


We hit the gas station to fill up before hitting the highway bound for the North Shore. I do not think there was one person who did not suggest no trip to the island was complete without a ride around the north shore. We also wanted to visit the Dole Plantation. Within minutes it seemed we had passed the plantation and had to turn around and go back. Not sure how we missed it because as soon as we opened the van door you could smell the strong scent of pineapples! We did a quick check around the gift shop and then headed out near the maze to pick up tickets for the train and garden tour ( I had decided early on the skip the maze ( glad I did because they weather had gotten very hot that day. The train ride was a 20-minute trip through a sample of a working pineapple field and also various other plantings including flowers, sugar cane and even coffee bean. We then headed out to the garden tour which was very impressive. The train ride would have been more fun with a group of small children, but I was very impressed with the gardens. Marc and I strolled around taking lots of pictures of the various foliage and trees. We did a quick run through the shop for dole whips and postcards and then hit the highway North Shore bound.
No comments:
Post a Comment