

After another day at the Swap Meet..........We headed back towards the HI exit, but stopped at a L&L Drive Inn to try our hand at a “plate meal”: A dish that is popular in Hawaii with the natives. The average plate cost about 7.25 and includes either barbecue (teriyaki) or chicken with rice (or eggs) and coleslaw or macaroni salad. Marc ordered the barbecue and I had the chicken. After we finished eating we drove around a bit and then headed back to the beach cottage. I did finally get to speak to TJ today after nearly a week. We had a good conversation and then I said goodbye as Marc and I headed back to the beach. We were trying to get back before the sun set so that we could walk around and just enjoy the view. We changed into our bathing suits and hit the sand. We walked a little, took pictures of the surfers and Marc even sat in the sand and let the water wash over him. At first he thought he might actually get a chance to swim in the ocean but the area below the surface was very rocky and he didn’t want to take the chance on getting hurt. After a while it started to get chilly so we headed back to the cottage, rinsed the sand off of us and set on the porch to watch the sun set.
No comments:
Post a Comment