


After cleaning up the cottage we loaded up the van (with our cameras) and headed towards HI. It took us a little while to find the area we were looking for, but we did find a free parking area near the Ward Center. I was actually looking for another shopping area but the free parking was worth it even if we had to walk a ways. At least then we wouldn’t have to worry about getting back to the car to refill the meter. The Ward center had lots of offerings, but I was on a mission to find a build-a-bear shop and the Hawaiian shop I had seen in the advertisement. We probably walked about three blocks before we asked someone where the mall was. Seems we were not far from the parking garage and the mall itself. The Ala Moana Mall (sp) is huge! We ended up staying for hours, checking out the stores and the scenery. Every time there was a open area we would go look and see some of the best views (Marc says there are no bad views in Hawaii), We stopped in several shops including a Disney store, the Hawaiian shop (where we got some great coupons), Build a Bear (where I picked up outfits for Marc and my bears) and a Taco bell for lunch (thanks to the Hilo Hattie shop where we got several coupons for buy one get one free). On our way back to the car we stopped at the ColdStone Icecream shop where we had our first taste of ColdStone (figures I would have to go all of the way to Hawaii to have coldstone).
No comments:
Post a Comment